Most homeowners do not give much thought to the components of a refrigerator unless it breaks down, or before it is time to buy a new one. To guarantee you get the most from this invaluable appliance it can be extremely useful to know how a refrigerator keeps your food cool—and Gaithersburg Appliance Repair is here to explain.
Read on to learn what you might need to know concerning how refrigerators run, how it cools your food and if it’s the right time to hire refrigerator repair Gaithersburg.
Parts of a Refrigerator
There aren’t too many homes that do not feature a refrigerator inside the kitchen. It’s been a standard kitchen appliance for many years. A residential refrigerator stores food at the right temperature, in order to stop spoiling and slow down harmful bacteria. The concept of refrigeration works by distributing the heat from the interior of the appliance to the exterior, relying on principles of evaporation and condensation.
The components of a refrigerator are below. For questions or service call Gaithersburg Appliance Repair:
A refrigerator compressor is both a pump and motor, and it’s necessary for circulation of refrigerant throughout the system.
The compressor is an important part of a refrigerator. Homeowners should enlist a professional service if the compressor is broken.
The refrigerator condenser is located on the back outside wall of the refrigerator and is there to release the warmth absorbed from inside the refrigerator out to the air.
A evaporator is installed on the interior of the refrigerator where absorbs warmth contained inside of it, thereby lowering the interior temperature.
Once the evaporator is not working, it is time to call a professional. Do not wait too long.
Liquid refrigerant is carried through a capillary tube that serves as an expansion device to cool the gas, turning the gas into a liquid.
The refrigerator thermostat will regulate the temperature inside a refrigerator, engaging a new cooling cycle as it is required.
A thermostat in a refrigerator is often prone to issues. Troubleshoot and call a technician in Gaithersburg for repair right after a problem occurs.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. Right when the temperature in the interior of a refrigerator goes higher than the set point sensors alert the compressor to engage, and the cool down begins. The appliance draws in the cool liquid refrigerant, pressurizes and condenses it, and raises the temperature, so it can turn into a gas form.
2. The refrigerator compressor pushes the hot gas in the direction of the refrigerator condenser coils on the rear of the appliance, where it comes into contact with the lower temperature in the home and returns to a liquid state.
3. The cooled refrigerant continues on its trip towards the evaporator, finding its way through the coils within the refrigerator and freezer.
4. The liquid absorbs the hot air from within the appliance, cooling the temperature until it has reached the correct set point.
5. The refrigerant will evaporate, and turns back to a gas form, and returns to the compressor so it can then continue the cooling cycle.
Refrigeration is used in a number of applications and appliances, this includes heat pumps, air conditioners, refrigerators and residential freezers. By extracting heat from a single area and then transferring it to another the cycle of refrigeration will help cooling a house, provides a safe storage space for food that is perishable, and helps with manufacturing and storage of several different products and materials.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Does your refrigerator need service? Time to schedule an appointment with Gaithersburg Appliance Repair.
Gaithersburg Appliance Repair can service nearly all popular models of refrigerators – includes restaurant models, stand-alone and side-by-side.Our licensed repairman in Gaithersburg are trained to fix cooling problems, malfunctioning ice makers, problems with condensation, puddles of water and leaks, lighting, digital controls, smart technology and numerous other problems. We know all there is to know about refrigerator repair! We really do!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
Copyright ©2019  Gaithersburg Appliance Repair